Pests and rodents aren’t simply a nuisance – they can severely affect your health and the health of your family. This is why bug and insect prevention is critical in protecting homes, businesses, schools and any other place where human beings live, work or play from a pest infestation.
If you want to have a better home environment, it’s important to prioritise pest prevention. That way, you’ll have a healthier place to stay, especially since lots of these pests can carry diseases.
Here are some general tips to prevent household pests and rodents from entering your home:
- Keep your kitchen sparkling Cockroaches, slugs, flour moths, ants and rodents are all enticed into your home by food debris, so clearing away any potential food sources is a must for a pest-free home.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well-trimmed and away from the house.
- Clean and repair gutters and drains
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles; some insects are drawn to deteriorating wood.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundation and windows.
- Call the experts! One or two bugs around the home are manageable but if you’re worried you’ve got an infestation, it’s best to call an expert to help you out.
If you have any issue with any pests in your home, don’t wait until it’s too late – call Termite Solutions Victoria today on 03 9555 5922.