Wouldn’t summers be perfect if you didn’t have to worry about pesky insects like mosquitoes or ants ruining your perfect summer evening?
Unfortunately, you can’t completely rid the world of creepy crawly bugs, but you can take preventative measures to keep them from bothering you this summer season.
Here are some of the tips and tricks for how to keep bugs out of your home;
- Remove the Food Source: This might sound simple, but ants and other pests will go after any smallest piece of food or snack lying in and around the house. Eliminating the food source is a sure way to eliminate these pests.
- Clean with White Vinegar- Vinegar is very effective as a cleaning agent as well as ants & pest repellent.
- Sprinkle Ground Coffee: Ants don’t like the smell of coffee, all you have to do is sprinkle coffee grounds in front of your doors and windows – or any other area you suspect ants might be coming in from – and you’ll create an instant repellent.
- Check all the windows & Doors – Take some time to assess all the window screens and doorways. Make sure there are no rips or gaps that might give insects like ants, mosquitos and other bugs easy access to your home.
- Keep your lawn healthy and cover dirt patches with new grass – This will keep Bees, wasps and other stinging insects making a home here.
- Remove any standing Water- To reduce the number of mosquitoes in your home, remove any standing water.
- Fix any water leaks – Water leaks helps in making a favourable environment for termite colonies.
If you have tried everything and nothing works, don’t hesitate to call the professionals. Sometimes these home remedies work but if the pest problem gets any worse you would need a professional solution .
If you have any issue with any pests in your home, don’t wait until it’s too late – call Termite Solutions Victoria today on 03 9555 5922.