Do you know pests don’t go completely inactive in the winter? In fact, when it is cold and wet or snowy outside, pests are even more likely to seek the warmth and shelter of the indoors.
Some of the most common winter pests are:
- Mice & Rats
- Bed Bugs
Some tips to keep the Warmth In and the Pests Out:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your home to help prevent rodents from getting inside. Be sure to check the areas where utilities and pipes enter the home. A mouse can fit through a small hole.
- Rodents can hide in clutter, so keep storage areas well organized, and store boxes off of the floor.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains. Extra attention should be paid to kitchens and bathrooms as these areas are particularly vulnerable to cockroach infestations.
- Install door sweeps and repair damaged screens in windows.
- Screen vents to chimneys. Keep basement spaces well ventilated and dry.
Don’t mistake winter as a time to lay off on the pest control services – It allows you preparation time for the warm seasons ahead!
Sometimes it is just better to call on a professional. Call us today on 03 9555 5922 and speak with one of our experts at Termite Solutions Victoria to answer any questions and arrange a specialised treatment.