Termites are one of the most feared pests in the world. These tiny creatures can cause massive destruction to homes and other structures made of wood. If you have termites in your home, it’s important to act immediately to protect your property. Here are some tips on how to protect your wood from termites:
- Remove any food sources that may attract termites. This includes things like woodpiles, fallen leaves, and other organic matter. If you have firewood, store it away from your home and not in direct contact with soil .
- Inspect your home regularly for signs of termite damage. Look for things like holes in wood, piles of sawdust, or wings discarded by flying termites.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in your home’s foundation or exterior walls. This will help prevent termites from gaining access to your home.
- Have one of our professionals inspect your home for termites every year. This will help catch an infestation early so that you can take care of it before it causes too much damage.
- If you do find termites in your home, call one of our pest specialists right away to get rid of them. Do not try to handle the situation yourself, as this can make it worse.
Termites can cause a lot of damage to homes and other structures made of wood. If you think you might have termites, it’s important to act immediately to protect your property by following these tips.